As the classic REM song states, “Everybody hurts some time.” Aches and pains are part of the human experience however, when they become pervasive it can wreak havoc on our daily lives. Cervical spine (neck) pain is one of the most prevalent chronic conditions in adults. As we age, our cartilage begins to degenerate. While this is unavoidable, being more mindful can definitely minimize the muscular issues that affect our upper bodies. Habits like, looking down at your phones for hours a day, carrying a heavy bag on your shoulder, and slouching at work or while watching TV, all contribute to neck discomfort. And not surprisingly, poor sleeping position has been touted as the #1 culprit of cervical spine pain. After all we spend roughly half of our lives lying in bed!
Thankfully there are many natural, non-invasive ways to combat neck pain, including:
- Getting regular massages
- Physical therapy
- Epsom salt baths or a warm compress
So how can CBD help alleviate neck pain?
Before reaching for over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen or Aleve, why not try a more holistic approach? CBD (the abbreviation for cannabidiol) is a natural, non-addictive compound found in the cannabis plant known for its therapeutic and medicinal effects. Unlike THC, the psychoactive derivative of cannabis, CBD does not create a “high,” so you can use it to manage pain without feeling dizzy, nauseous, or impaired. Taking CBD orally, and applying it topically have both been linked to pain reduction.
At Asé we proudly offer a variety of cruelty-free, non-GMO CBD products, all made in the USA. Here are two to try if you’re struggling to overcome those pains in the neck.
Temporarily relieve joint and muscle aches with this refreshing roll on chock full of nourishing botanicals. Key ingredients include:
- Capsicum Oleoresin: An organic resin derived from chili peppers that has been shown in several studies to reduce pain sensations when applied to the skin
- Roman Chamomile Oil: Distilled from the chamomile plant’s flowers, used in the holistic treatment of osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other chronic pain
- Sweet Basil Oil: Basil leaves produce this essential oil, rich in monoterpenes, which have been linked to helping manage pain, and has shown to decrease discomfort associated with fibromyalgia.
- Camphor Oil: An anti-inflammatory substance harvested from the wood of the camphor laurel tree that has been widely used to help lessen pain associated with arthritis and other chronic muscle and joint pains .
- Cinnamon Oil: This warm, spicy oil stimulates circulation, reduces stress, and effectively alleviates aches, pains, and stiffness in muscles and joints.
Studies have shown that ingesting CBD has promising effects for people with chronic pain when taken regularly. Full-spectrum CBD contains these three beneficial compounds naturally found in the cannabis plant.
- Cannabinoids: A class of molecules that interact with cannabinoid receptors in the human body to regulate a variety of functions such as inflammation, pain perception, mood, and memory. They can also be used to treat a variety of medical conditions.
- Terpenes: Highly aromatic compounds that influence the production of dopamine and serotonin, chemical messengers, or neurotransmitters, that help regulate many bodily functions such as digestion, sleep, and stress-release.
- Flavonoids: Like terpenes, these compounds have many therapeutic effects. Research shows that the flavonoids found in cannabis have anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and neuroprotective properties.
Many people have cited CBD as their preferred method of pain management. It’s safe, effective, and does not cause intoxication or dependence. Asé’s premium CBD products meet the highest standards of safety, quality, and purity. So next time you’re plagued with that dreaded neck pain, try reaching for our roll-on, or full-specturm tincture for chemical-free relief built by nature.