Many people live with chronic pain, particularly in their back and joints. While there are a number of options to address chronic pain, not all treatments are created equal. For example, narcotics can sometimes be effective, but they may also be addictive or else present a host of unnatural side effects.
For those who seek relief without relying on pharmaceuticals, chiropractic care can be a good option. Chiropractic therapy emphasizes the body’s ability to heal itself and provides pain management without the need for drugs.
And then there’s CBD. This all-natural hemp byproduct is frequently linked with pain relief, making it another enticing treatment option for those who live with chronic pain and wish to avoid narcotics. Indeed, more and more chiropractic care professionals are recommending CBD in conjunction with other forms of holistic therapy.
What is CBD?
If you’re new to CBD, a quick definition might help. CBD is one of more than 100 compounds found in the cannabis plant. When extracted from hemp, CBD can be consumed without any risk of psychoactive effects. (In other words, it’s not addictive and it won’t make you “high.”)
CBD has skyrocketed in popularity, particularly among consumers who desire holistic, all-natural health benefits. CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system in many ways, potentially providing effects as wide-ranging as stress management, improved sleep, and reduced inflammation.
Using CBD in Chiropractic Care
That brings us to the use of CBD in chiropractic care.
Here, it’s important to acknowledge that scientific research regarding CBD is still fairly novel. The scientific research, though certainly promising, is still fairly limited. But based on what scientific research we do have, combined with anecdotal reports, there is reason to believe CBD might offer any of the following benefits, all of which have relevance to chiropractic patients:
- Relief from muscle soreness
- Relief from arthritic pain
- Help with anxiety (a common byproduct of life with chronic pain)
Due to these potential benefits, more and more chiropractors have begun using CBD within their practice, and/or recommending that their patients pursue further CBD therapy on their own time.
The Benefits of Using CBD in Chiropractic Care
Beyond some of the possible physiological effects, there are a number of other reasons why CBD and chiropractic care go hand in hand.
- It presents a holistic, non-addictive alternative to other medications. Back and joint pain are often treated with powerful and potentially dangerous narcotics. Patients who choose chiropractic intervention usually wish to avoid pharmaceuticals as much as possible, making CBD a no-brainer.
- CBD can be applied or ingested in a number of ways. While oil tinctures represent the most common CBD delivery method, there are also plenty of topical and roll-on products, which can be ideal for soothing sore or stiff joints.
- CBD helps with both physical and mental health symptoms. Not only can it alleviate physical discomfort, but CBD can also help patients relax, experiencing a break from the stress and frustration that so often accompany chronic pain.
How to Use CBD in Chiropractic Care
Before you jump in head-first, consider a few basic guidelines for safety.
- Always make sure you’re upfront with your chiropractor about your symptoms, diagnoses, and medications, ensuring the CBD doesn’t cause any unexpected interactions or side effects.
- Remember, if you use CBD at home, that it’s best to start with a smaller dose and work up to larger quantities only as needed.
- If your chiropractor invites you to purchase CBD products, always be sure you look for a reputable manufacturer and confirm that the product is sourced in the USA.
Combining CBD with Chiropractic Treatment
At Asé Pure Naturals, we are committed to holistic and all-natural care. We’ve been thrilled to partner with a number of chiropractic offices, providing patients with further resources to alleviate their pain without the need for harmful or addictive narcotics.
If you live with chronic pain and desire a safe, holistic remedy, consider buying CBD from our shop. We offer tinctures and roll-on applicators, all made here in the USA. Our products are cruelty-free, non-GMO, and vegan, and all come backed by rigorous third-party testing.
Ready to find out more? Explore the Asé Pure Naturals inventory at your convenience.