At the end of a long day, soaking in a warm bath can be incredibly therapeutic. It’s especially relaxing when you’ve got a good bath bomb handy, allowing you to fill your bathroom with soothing aromas. Just toss a fizzy ball into the tub, then lay back and soak away your troubles.
Believe it or not, baths aren’t merely relaxing; they can actually have a real impact on your health and wellbeing. There are plenty of studies that show how a good bath can boost your overall mental health, or even help to mitigate problems such as depression and insomnia.
Now what if there was a way to combine the therapeutic effects of a bath with the benefits of CBD? Well, actually, there is. CBD-infused bath bombs are available from various shops and distributors, but you can also make your own, using favorite oils and tinctures in scents like peppermint and lavender.
How to Make Your Own CBD Bath Bomb
If you want to try your hand at a DIY CBD bath bomb, here’s a recipe that we love.
- Baking soda (one cup)
- Citric acid (half cup)
- Epsom salt (half cup)
- Cornstarch (half cup)
- Coconut oil (2 tablespoons, melted)
- Water (one teaspoon)
- Organic lavender, peppermint oil, or any essential oil (five or six drops)
- Your favorite CBD oil tincture from Asé Pure Naturals (especially our peppermint extract)
- Bath bomb molds (easy to find on Amazon or elsewhere)
Yields: Six bath bombs total
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking soda, Epsom salt, citric acid, and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, CBD oil or tincture, lavender or peppermint oil, and water. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add your liquid mixture to the dry mixture, stirring as you go. Proceed slowly. If it starts to fizz, you’re going too fast!
- Once everything is mixed, you should be able to carefully place the bath bomb mixture into the molds. Try to do this quickly so that the ingredients do not dry out.
- Once you have the bath bomb mix in the molds, allow 30 to 40 minutes for everything to set.
- Gently remove the bath bomb from the mold. Allow it to sit overnight.
From there, you’re ready to toss it into a hot tub, relax, and enjoy!
Why Make a CBD Bath Bomb?
Like we said at the beginning, baths are pretty therapeutic in their own right, and can potentially help you unlock some remarkable mental health benefits. Adding CBD to the mix may enhance those benefits in some surprising ways. Plus its more affordable to make your bath bombs at home.
It’s important to note that research into the medicinal benefits of CBD is still limited. However, there is plenty of preliminary evidence to suggest that a CBD bath bomb can be good for the mind and for the body.
According to some enthusiasts, a CBD bath bomb may present any of the following benefits:
- Reducing insomnia and helping you get a better night’s sleep
- Alleviating pain, particularly from stiff or sore joints
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Decreasing inflammation
- Removing harmful toxins from your body
- Improving skin health, specifically healing redness and irritation
- Improving your mood via boosted serotonin
Are There Any Risks to Using a CBD Bath Bomb?
Most people will not encounter any adverse reactions to a CBD bath bomb. However, it’s important to remember that side effects can occasionally happen. If you have sensitive skin, you may experience some mild irritation from the bath bomb. (This will likely come from the essential oil, not from the CBD itself).
If you have specific questions or concerns about the safety of a CBD bath bomb, don’t hesitate to talk with your doctor about it.
Relax with a CBD Bath Bomb
The bottom line? There are countless ways to use CBD to assist you with relaxation. Combining CBD with a warm, soothing bath can be an especially enticing option.
As you look for the best CBD oils and tinctures, take a few minutes to browse our shop. We are pleased to provide a catalog of natural, holistic, vegan, cruelty-free, non-GMO CBD products, all made right here in the USA. Reach out to Asé Pure Naturals if you have any questions!