There’s nothing that rejuvenates you quite like a good workout. Whether you prefer running or lifting weights, a good workout gives you the endorphin rush you need to feel on top of the world, while also providing your body and mind with a burst of energy.
At the same time, rigorous exercise can take a lot out of you. Following a really good session, you’ll need to replenish key nutrients, giving your body everything it needs for a full recovery.
As you look for the best recipes for post-recovery workout drinks, don’t overlook the value of adding a bit of CBD to your blend!
Why Add CBD to Your Workout Drink?
Many athletes and fitness buffs swear by the rejuvenating powers of CBD, citing it as a great way to help the body stave off stiffness, soreness, and inflammation.
There are a number of potential reasons to include CBD in your post-workout drink. For example:
- CBD may aid in muscle recovery. One of the most commonly reported effects of CBD is expedited muscle recovery. Specifically, CBD is said to control the level of cortisol released into the body at any given time, which can in turn facilitate healthy tissue development and repair.
- CBD may also help relieve pain and inflammation. We all know what it’s like to wake up the morning after a good workout feeling stiff and sore. CBD is sometimes said to impact the endocannabinoid system in a way that boosts the immune system, lessening inflammation and discomfort.
- Additionally, CBD may be used to promote post-workout sleep. Exercise is critical for your overall health and wellbeing, but sound sleep is just as pivotal. Many CBD enthusiasts say that adding CBD to their post-workout drink helps them rest well, expediting their physical recovery.
These are just a few of the reasons why it might make sense to work some CBD into your post-workout blend.
A Recipe for Your Post-Workout Drink
So, what should you include in your drink to make it tasty and revitalizing? Here’s a recipe we recommend:
- one cup almond milk
- one frozen banana
- one teaspoon nut butter (feel free to choose your favorite)
- one teaspoon maca
- one teaspoon cocoa powder
- dried goji berries (just a handful will do)
- your standard dosage of your favorite CBD oil
Throw all of that into a blender, adding protein powder if you wish. Also feel free to toss in some ice if you want it extra cold. Just blend everything until it’s smooth, then grab a straw and enjoy!
Other Options for Your CBD Drink
If you care to experiment with different recipes, there are certainly plenty of options. For example, consider just a few potential add-ins for your CBD concoction:
- You can incorporate healthy fats, like avocado, to help with CBD activation and retention.
- The use of natural, essential oils can provide you with a spike of flavor. Peppermint pairs especially well with CBD.
- Fruits are rich in antioxidants and help make your drink sweet without the need for you to add sugar.
It’s also worth noting that, if you want to enjoy a CBD concoction when you haven’t just been to the gym, there are loads of great options: Think hot CBD cocoa, summery CBD cocktails, and more. But those are drinks for another day and another blog post!
Choosing the Right CBD for Your Drink
As you prepare to make your post-workout drink, it’s critical to hunt down the right ingredients. So, what should you look for when selecting CBD?
- Make sure you purchase hemp-based CBD products that are made in the USA, which ensures a certain standard of quality.
- Look for CBD distributors with good reputations and positive reviews.
- Always start off with smaller doses, especially if you’re brand new to CBD, and work your way up as needed.
- Don’t forget to check with your doctor if you have concerns about how CBD might combine with medications you take, or with specific health conditions.
At Asé Pure Naturals, we are pleased to provide high-quality CBD products that are natural, organic, vegan, cruelty-free, and always made in the USA. Check out our shop to start exploring potential post workout drink add-ins!